Family Link Worker
Who Am I?
My name is Rebecca Anderson and I am the Family Link Worker for The Bewbush Academy.
I work directly with parents/carers to ensure the best possible outcomes for children by providing access to information and advice.
Family Link Workers offer friendly, non-judgmental support.
Being a parent is one of the most rewarding jobs but is also, at times, one of the most difficult. We can all do with a little bit of help now and then.
What do I do?
My role is to support you so that you can help your child achieve at school. I can:
- Help you to have a better understanding of how to support your child’s learning.
- Support you where attendance or behaviour difficulties are a concern.
- Support you and your child during potentially challenging times such as when your child moves schools.
- Support and encourage parents to get together to share ideas and experiences.
- Provide information on services that are available to support your family during difficult times such as separation and bereavement.
- Be someone to talk to about a matter affecting your family so I can show you where you can ask for more help.
- Run messy play sessions, coffee mornings, parenting classes and much more!
Why get in touch?
There are lots of reasons you might want to get in touch, including:
- I am available in the day when teachers are in the classroom
- I have knowledge of the services available to support you and your family
- If a group of parents have similar needs I can organise group support
How to contact me
In person: if you see me in the playground or in school please stop me to chat
Teacher: tell your child’s teacher if you would like me to call you
School office: leave a message with your contact details and I will be in touch